- First off, be sure to take off your old polish before trimming and filing. I use a generic nail polish remover from Sally Hansen, nothing fancy. It does dry out my cuticles, so if you already have a problem with dry skin, there are plenty of options out there for sensitive and weak nails.
- Start off by soaking your nails in warm water. This make them soft and easier to shape/trim. After soaking them for about 10 minutes, you're ready to begin!Start by trimming your nails with clippers to the length that you want them to be. Try to make your nails as close to the same length as possible. After trimming, begin filing and shaping. Remembrer to only file in one direction, Going back and forth across the nail bed can make them split and crack, which does not look good There are many shapes to choose from (square, circle, pointed, etc.), so just choose whichever you prefer! Also, I prefer to use a glass nail file as I feel that they are easier on your nails.
- wash your hands in luke warm water and a gentle hand soap. Use a nail brush to remove any dirt that has built up underneath your nail.
- (Optional) Protein! I always use a protein treatment and apply it my nails before using any polish, to help keep my nails strong underneath the polish. If your nails are mostly healthy you can skip this step and go straight for your polish.
If you must use a colored polish, then base coats are great for using before polish because they do not allow the polish to stain your nails. If you are going to a darker polish then use a heavier base coat (white or pink). After using the base coat, apply 2-3 coats of your polish. Always be sure to finish off your nails with a nice top coat to add shine and longevity to your nails.
- use moisturizers that contain vitamine "E".
- Rub and fingers with some algelseren or vaseline before sleeping.
- To file your nails prefer always file in the same direction to avoid weakening them cause they'll split later.
- Let rest your nails regularly because despite the fact that I love doing nail art and have colored nail, the products in your nail polish are most of the time bad for your body so be reasonable.
- Scrabble a piece of garlic like you do with the nail file.
- Mix olive oil with the tomatoes Mix a half cup of tomatoes juice with 2 spoons of olive oil in a bowl, use it to rub well and leave it 10 minutes, then rinse your fingers well with cold water and salt.